We respect your privacy and we will continue to protect it.
If after reading this notice, you have any questions, please contact us at 973-643-4738 or write to:
Essex County Employees Federal Credit Union
Room 221 Hall of Records,
465 Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard,
Newark, NJ 07102-1702
Categories of information that we may collect about you
We collect nonpublic personal information we receive from you on applications and other forms.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others.
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as your creditworthiness and credit history.
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms; this may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions.
Parties Who Receive Information From Us
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
Financial service providers, such as insurance companies. Non-financial companies, such as consumer reporting agencies, data processors, and government agencies.
Disclosure of Information to parties that Provide Service to Us
In order for us to conduct the business of the credit union, we may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, to non-affiliated third parties for the purposes of processing and servicing transactions that you request or authorize.
We may also disclose nonpublic personal information about you under circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transaction on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records.
To protect our members™ privacy we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentially protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell the information we provide to other third parties.
Disclosure of Information About Former Members
If you terminate your membership with Essex County Employees Federal Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as may be permitted or required by law.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, or procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
What Members Can Do to Help
Essex County Employees Federal Credit Union is committed to protecting the privacy of its members. Members can help by following these simple guidelines:
- Protect your account numbers, plastic card numbers, PINs (personal identification numbers) or passwords. Never keep our PIN with your card, which can provide free access to your accounts if your card is lost or stolen
- Use caution when disclosing your account numbers, social security numbers, etc. to other persons. If someone calls you explaining the call is on behalf of the credit union and asks for your account numbers, you should beware. Official credit union staff will have access to your information and will not need to ask for it.
- Keep your information with us current. If your address or phone numbers changes, please let us know. It is important that we have current information on how to reach you. If we detect potentially fraudulent or unauthorized activity or use of an account, we will attempt to contact you immediately